Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. THESE TERMS
- What these terms cover. These are the terms on which we supply goods to you.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you make your order or booking. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the goods to you, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
2. Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Cignpost Diagnostics Limited trading as ExpressTest (“ExpressTest”, “we”, or “us”) a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 12657158 and our registered office is at Building X92 Cody Technology Park, Farnborough, United Kingdom, GU14 0LX. Our registered VAT number is 351373708.
- Our accreditation. As required by the Department of Health and Social Care we are accredited to international standards ISO 15189 and ISO 22870 by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service, 2 Pine Trees Chertsey Lane, Staines-upon-Thames TW18 3HR, email@example.com 01784 429000.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by using the forms available on our customer support page at https://support.expresstest.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=4930731791644/.
3. Our contract with you
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will refund you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock or discontinues, because there is a problem with authorisation of your method of payment or because we have identified an error in the price.
- We only sell to the UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not deliver to addresses outside mainland UK.
4. Our products
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
5. Providing the products
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
- When we will provide the products. We will provide the goods to you as soon as reasonably possible and hope to fulfil any order within 3 days of the date ordered.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot.
- When you become responsible for the goods. A product which is goods will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address (or email address in the case of a Covid Recovery Certificate) you gave us.
- When you own goods. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full.
6. Your rights to end the contract
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online, you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- When you don't have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them; and
- Covid Recovery Certificates after we have sent the certificate to the email address provided by you at the point of order.
- How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment,, but this may be subject to deductions for justifiable costs and you may also have to pay the costs of return (if applicable).
7. Our right to end the contract in the case of Covid Recovery Certificates
- We may end the contract with you if:
- you provide incomplete information or evidence even after we have emailed you to give you the opportunity to amend the information or evidence provided;
- you send us information or evidence that we have reason to believe is inaccurate or false (acting in our sole discretion); or
- the evidence you provide of your positive test result is not issued by a testing provider that is featured on the Department of Health and Social Care’s list of Covid-19 test providers.
- If we end the contract in the circumstances stated in this paragraph 7, we may (at our sole discretion) provide you with a refund. If we have incurred costs with respect to your order prior to your potential right to a refund arising, we may deduct these costs. Any deduction will result in the value of your refund being less than the price you paid for your order and may result in no refund being provided to you.
8. If there is a problem with the product
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can contact us by using the form available on our customer support page at https://health.expresstest.co.uk/pages/contact
- Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. You also have certain rights in respect to the goods including relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For detailed information about these rights, please visit the Citizens Advice website adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
- Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must post them back to us.
9. Price and payment
- Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with the payment methods listed on our website. You must pay in full at the point of order through this website.
10. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987
- We are not liable for loss or damage resulting from you being denied travel or entry to your destination country. You are responsible for ensuring that you have checked the requirements of the carrier you are travelling with and the country you are traveling to. In the case of Covid Recovery Certificates, we will not be liable to you if the certificate we provide is not accepted by the relevant carrier or destination country. It is your responsibility to check the requirements of your carrier and destination country.
- We are not normally liable for loss or damage where you are at fault. Unless your act, omission or failure is trivial, or we are partly to blame for it, we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that results from your act, omission, or other failure in relation to the order.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
11. How we may use your personal information
12. Other important terms
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts.
28th July 2022